The stories of life

The stories of life
LIFE

Friday, February 12, 2010

The Real Love

-->


 About my life, everything was just too perfect. Niharika Meheta, one of the company executives! A perfect job and a perfect life of course. I didn’t have to care about anything. In short “I was the queen of the world”. 
-->
Yeah, everything was just too perfect except my assistant, Krish, real name, Krishnamachari Iyer! He was exceptional! And I am talking about his orientation! 
Like everyday, I reached to the office, entered into my cabin and my "exceptional" friend was there to lick my brain! He said: “Oh wow! you are looking gorgeous, today”. These people, my Goodness….! And asusual, I said: “I know; So say something new. Now stop talking bullshit and tell me today’s schedule”. 
-->
He started blah blah blah. He reminded me of something which I totally forgot. I had a date with Kunal, another company executive. Wow! What a guy! He is classy, smart, H.S absolutely HS gentleman. Obviously to date my kind of woman, a guy must have such class. But it was just a casual date. Because my man got to be not only the "best" but also "better than the best". I had been waiting for him. The guy of my dreams, someone somewhere….. But one thing about Krish is he is more than an assistant to me. I always think him a very good friend of mine. Yeah he is girly and irritating but a good guy.
-->
Well, after the date with Kunal, my impression was "the same"…. Men will be men; they can’t think beyond “womens' body”. Guys call me a “ heart breaker”… But if you are moron then what I do?
-->
The next day in the office, there was a new employee, a novice. I asked Krish to handle him. But I don't think that it could be easy for that novice to tolerate Krish. Ask me, how do I handle him. Trust me -it is not a piece of cake. He came to me and said: “I can’t take it anymore. You handle him”. To pull his leg I said: “I thought you could because he is a guy. A cute guy huh?” He said: “Oh stop pulling my leg.I can't take it anymore! I have a different teast, honey”! I asked him to send him to my cabin. He entered. He was so shy kind of guy. His was looking down. He seemed to be so nervous. I think Krish made him scared. I said: "I know this your first day. I understand. The same situation I also faced few years  ago. Everyone faces. New people, new place; so don’t worry we are all here to help you. The office is just like a family. so, Just chillax”. He looked up. He was looking at me in a weird  manner. Seemed like he got mesmerized. I asked him: “what is your name?” He didn’t answer,kept looking at me like a fool. I said: “hello!”. He said: “What?!” It seemed like that he was sleeping someone woke him up. I asked: “what is your name?” He said: “Mayank Joshi”.
-->
Mayank was pretty efficient guy. Within few weeks he proved that. But there is just one thing which was…. Don’t know, every single day, he used to wait for me in the office with a rose in his hand.. If he faced any problem or something in the office, he never used to go to anyone except me. He never  used to talk to any other people. One day I asked him the reason “why?” He said: “You are the most trustworthy  person of my life after my mother. I’ve never seen such a girl like you.” It made me a bit shocked, because no one said anything like that to me ever. I had never seen such a guy like Mayank Joshi before.
-->


Me and the entire staff in the office were busy for the  welcoming  ceremony of our new CEO, Mr. Anirban Sengupta. Everything got to be just perfect. We were all set to impress him. When he came, I was just speechless. He moved me. He was the most HS guy that I had ever seen in my life. He was “the guy” whom I had been waiting for. Krish was there and said: Oh he is hot! 
-->
I looked at him and threatened: “Don’t you just dare to  think about that or else will fire you”. He without any argument said: okay okay just kidding.
I said: That's better; He is gonna be my man...
-->
He wondered. I smiled. 
-->

I couldn’t resist him. I used to search excuses to go to his cabin. He was sweet and of course different than the others. He was so decent. I was in love. For the first time in my life some one overlooked me. That was the thing which impressed me a lot about him. I was in LOVE...YES..I got someone whom I loved... My first love. It seemed to be that I was walking on the cloud. I was feeling love.
 
-->
I was waiting for the time when he'd ask me for a date?! After  a couple of months when he didn't ask, I was getting impatient. Why he didn’t pay any attention to me?
-->
Meanwhile one thing was noticeable that Krish was changed; his attitude and everything. He didn’t talk to me or anyone else like before. His attitude to me was drastically changed.  I tried to ask him the reason but he couldn't able to give me a good reason for his such behaviour.  
-->
But Mayank didn’t change.
 
-->
One day I decided to talk to Anirban openly. But before that I had to meet my cousin who came from Delhi. We decided to meet in a cafe. It had been a long time I was meeting her. We were talking there. Suddenly I saw something which moved me. It was Anirban and Krish together. I didn’t believe my eyes. My senses stopped working. Anirban by holding his hands was saying something. I lost my foothold. I anyhow came back to home  and was asking myself that WHAT I HAD DONE?    WHY????!!!!! I just wanted to kill myself. I was not in that condition to say anything. In short, my senses stopped working. That was enough to break my conceit. I was flying too high and it enough to bring me down or to clip my wings. 
-->
On the next day, when I went to the office, Krish wanted to say something to me. But I didn’t listen to him, because I knew what he wanted to tell me. I went to Anirban’s cabin and gave my resignation letter to him. He was shocked. He asked me the reason but I didn’t have any answer. I just got out of his cabin. Everyone in the office was disappointed and shocked as well!
-->
Even everyone insisted me to not to go. But I without saying anything, got out of there. I loved my office; So for the last time turned back to say good bye. When I turned back, I saw Mayank. 

-->
He said: I gave my resignation too.
I was shocked! I asked: what?! But why did you do that?
-->
He was silent for a while and said: I was here only because of you.
  I asked :Why?
-->
He said: because I love you. You are the best girl that I’ve seen in my life. 
-->
I was stunned! In my entire life no one had given me such a complement like that. It was different than the other complements like “your lips are sexy”, “your legs are beautiful”, “You are hot” etc etc… Noone ever told me that “You are the best girl that I have ever seen in my life”.WOW! What a complement!
-->
Might be I had been searching some thing like that. And my search had come to an end…. Finally I got "The best"…. No, “BETTER THAN THE BEST”. 
















7 comments:

  1. waoo wat 2 say..... known characters.... unknown story.....!!!

    noops... maybe the story is known too.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, perfect V-Day story..:D...Initially I thought of Page 3. nah there was a twist...and sounds good too...keep it up....

    Prabal Deb
    sites.google.com/site/prabaldebhome/

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey... the end seems happy but it I m very eager to know the exact end..... So, (to the writer) did they marry & lived happily ever after???Coz without knowing it the "BTTR DEN THE BEST" quotation doesn't literally match??? Right??? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Samrat, this is d "funda" f d short stories.

    @ Mr. Deb, thnx a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  5. why am late?!!! fundamentally good:-)i kept flipping for the missin page!reminds me of my own wanderlust:-))but this time , the search is over!!!!!

    ReplyDelete